Friday, March 30, 2012

Life's Practical Jokes

Last post I mentioned how this week has been so great and happy part of that was because I got over one of the last stupid crushes that I had.  I was so glad and was just saying to heaven thank you that I was finally over that one and feeling so happy.  While I was doing that I was wondering how I ever let myself like a guy who doesn't like me back and thought "It's nice that I don't ever see him, and if that one were meant to be I'd at least run into him every once in a while or something." So, then I walked outside, looking ugly and frumpy I might add, and guess who I saw standing there talking with some people--yep.  So after I rushed by, turning my head in the opposite direction and wanting to be invisible, I just looked up to Heaven and said "You may think this is funny right now, but it's not!"  because I started to feel sad again.

But then as the day went on it became funnier so that when I went to tell my roommates what had happened with the intent of making them see how sad it was, I accidentally made the story sound really funny and I was laughing and they were laughing, and it was so hilarious that they could not see anything sad about the situation.  Then my roommates reminded me of all the pranks I've played on them and I realized that I deserved a practical joke from Heaven, and I guess I can see now that it really was funny, that's just how life is sometimes.  If we can take a terrible, awkward situation and turn it into a chance to laugh, life is so much better! So I guess it really can be good when life plays practical jokes on us.

I'm gonna figure out this Ingrid Michaelson song "Oh What A Day" on the uke, because it describes how I feel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGvfTn8W1AY

No comments:

Post a Comment