Friday, March 30, 2012

Things Are Looking Up

I wrote this a couple days ago and forgot to post it...

Do you ever feel that it's hard to move past the current crush you are stuck on, like trying to see the sunrise at 3 am, or trying to see the sunlight through a wall with no windows?  This is a common occurrance for me, yet no matter how many times it happens, I still have a hard time picturing that the sun is still out there shining behind that wall.
The other day I ran into a guy I dated who I once felt that way about.  After I had broken up with him I remember it made me sick inside just to think about him, and yet last week I ran into him and I didn't even recognize him at first when he said hi to me, even though he hasn't changed much but he was so far from my thoughts that I just hadn't expected to see him, and when I did, it was good.  There was no sick feeling in my stomach and no strong attraction.  We didn't have much to talk about but I realized that I am happy where I am in life and I could honestly just be friends with him without feeling attached or attracted to him in that way anymore.  It was a liberating feeling and it helped me realize that I could soon feel the same way about a different crush who I was trying to get over at the time.
Today was a part of that liberation.  I feel happy and hopeful and ready to move forward with my life. (And once I get over a crush, I don't ever go back to liking them, I guess I just have too much pride to take a guy back)  The thing that helped the most--prayer, friends, and serving others.  I also talked with a few different people who are going through such difficult times right now and I realized I am so fortunate and don't appreciate how much I have been blessed with, and I am not the only one with trials, we all have hard times.  So, things are looking up, even though love hasn't look up at me yet :).

No comments:

Post a Comment